Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ciabatta Sandwich

Ingredients come entirely from Costco:
Sliced turkey, freshly grated parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes, pesto spread.  Assemble and enjoy.

Tips: You can freeze deli meat.  Costco sells turkey in two 1-lb bins.  I can't finish them quickly enough so I toss the first one into the freezer immediately.  Bonus, the containers they come in are perfect for reusable storage.

Cheese always seems to spoil on me.  I found that the less surface area, the better.  I keep the block in a plastic bag.  Also, the more accessible the cheese, the faster you eat it.  I grate a lot of the cheese at one time, and store it in a ziploc container.  That ways, I can quickly sprinkle it when I need it.

Sundried tomatoes and pesto are fantastically accessible luxuries.  They add a delicious flavor and are compatible with nearly everything (pasta, sandwiches, breakfast).  Because they have such a strong flavor, you don't need to worry about other seasonings.  They last long enough in the refrigerator that you don't have to worry about spoilage as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment